How do I participate?
Step 1: Beginning Tuesday, January 1st thru January 31st, register for your health screening appointment with HealthWorks online or call HealthWorks directly at 513-751-1288 for one of the following dates:
- February 19, 20, 21, 22
- Appointments are available from 7:00 AM- 10:45 AM and will take approximately 10 minutes.
- When registering for your assessment, you have the option to complete the health assessment questionnaire in paper form or online.
Step 2: Receive your paper Health Assessment (HA) questionnaire from HealthWorks via interdepartmental mail or receive your online assessment link via email. You must filkl out the questionnaire to receive the blood draw.
- Paper HA questionnaire:
- Once you have scheduled your appointment, HealthWorks will send you an HA questionnaire sometime during the week of February 11th. The questionnaire will be delivered via interdepartmental mail to the campus address you indicated when you booked your appointment online. Be sure to check that mailbox to receive your questionnaire.
- You will need to complete this questionnaire (using a #2 pencil) prior to your health screening appointment. Leave the blood pressure and other clinical measurement fields (glucose, cholesterol, etc) blank as those values will be filled in by a health screening technician during your appointment.
- Bring the completed questionnaire with you to your health screening appointment.
- Online HA questionnaire:
- Once you have scheduled your appointment, HealthWorks will send you a link to and instructions for the online questionnairre via email one week prior to your appointment. The link will be sent to the email account you indicated when you registered for your appointment. All of your information will be completely confidential as you create a unique personal password for your account.
- You will receive another email with the assessment link two days prior to your appointment. If you do not complete your online questionnaire prior to your appointment, you will need to complete a paper questionnaire at the time of your appointment.
Step 3: Attend your scheduled health screening appointment.
- Be sure to fast for 10-12 hours prior to your appointment time. You may have black coffee, black tea or water.
- Please continue taking all medications as prescribed.
- If you chose the paper HA questionnaire, please bring your completed questionnaire with you to your appointment.
- If you chose the online HA questionnaire, please complete it before your appointment. If you do not complete it prior to your appointment, you will need to complete a paper questionnaire at the time of your screening.
Step 4: Receive your Personal Wellness Report (PWR) report:
The Personal Wellness Report
The Personal Wellness Report (PWR) is a personalized and confidential computer-generated report that provides you with an overall health and wellness evaluation. The PWR identifies health risks that you may have, offers suggestions for ways to improve your lifestyle, lets you know where you're doing well with respect to health behaviors, and gives you information you need to take charge of your health. The PWR will provide results and feedback in the following areas:
Fitness, Nutrition, Stress Management, Cancer Risk, Heart Health, Substance Use, Safety, Osteoporosis Risk, Health Age, Lung Function
To see a partial sample of the individual report, click HERE.
- Approximately 2-3 weeks after your screening appointment, you will receive a copy of your PWR and lab work, mailed directly to your home address to protect your confidentiality.
- If you completed the online HA questionnaire, your PWR will be also be available online about a week after your screening appointment. You will have access to many robust online resources to assist you in improving or maintaing your health and well-being.
- Review your PWR and lab work. We encourage you to share your results with your health care provider.
- If you have any questions about your appointment, please contact HealthWorks at 513-751-1288. If you have general questions about the HA and Health Screening process, please call the Wellness Center at X-1922 or X- 6668 or see FAQs below.