NKU recognizes the importance of breastfeeding for mothers, children, families, and the community. The university also acknowledges the need to support mothers in order to sustain the breastfeeding relationship when they return to work or study. As such, the university has taken measures to ensure faculty, staff and students access to designated space conducive for breastfeeding or expressing milk.
• The Breastfeeding Rooms are located in Landrum 319 and MEP 434. The space is furnished with a glider rocker, side table and a changing table. Please note that breastfeeding moms will need to supply their own equipment for expressing milk and will need to make arrangements to store expressed milk in a refrigerator or cooler outside of the room.
• The rooms house resources for breastfeeding mothers including books, magazines, brochures about breastfeeding and early childhood learning information.
- New! Landrum 319: Key and sign-in sheet are located next to the room.
- MEP 434: Sign in and pick up the room key in MEP 403.
- If either location is not conveneinet or in use, the Health, Counseling and Student Wellness offers a private room for Moms: Sign in at the front desk in UC 440.
Click HERE for full Instructions and guidelines for using the Breastfeeding Room.
Mon - Friday, 9AM-4:30PM
If you need after hours accomodations for the breastfeeding room or have any questions, please call Kim Baker at x1922.